Date(s) - 03/07/2018 - 06/07/2018
The science, and in particular chemistry, plays an important role in the sustainable preservation of our cultural heritage through the investigation of ancient materials with the aim of understanding their technologies and degradation process. State of the art analytical instrumentations and methods, which are always improved, allow access to information from surviving works of art and provide the tools for the diagnostic and protection of Cultural Heritage.
EuCheMS, the European Association for Chemical and Molecular Sciences (http://www.euchems.eu/about-us/what-is-euchems/) aims to nurture a platform for scientific discussion and to provide a single, unbiased European voice on key policy issues in chemistry and related fields. The EuCHEMS Working Party on Chemistry for Cultural Heritage (ChemCH) was initiated with the 2010 International EuCHEMS congress promoting dialogue on the role of chemical science and technology for Cultural Heritage. Since then, the ChemCH conference is organized every other year with previous editions in Ravenna (IT) in 2010, Istanbul (TR) in 2012, Vienna (AT) in 2014 and Brussels (BE) in 2016 . The 5th conference ChemCH 2018 will build on the legacy of these past symposia.
ChemCH 2018 will be held in Bucharest and will include the following issues and topics:
- Chemical imaging
- Modern art materials
- Nanotechnologies and nanomaterials for diagnostic, conservation and restoration
- Materials and methods for conservation and restoration
- Development of non-invasive / microinvasive [mobile] analytical methods for artworks
- Alteration phenomena. Chemical interaction of environment and art works
- Multi & trans-disciplinary studies of cultural heritage
- Chemometrics on artwork studies
- Spectroscopic & chromatographic methods development
- Self-boundaries for safe analysis