Date: October 29-30, 2018
Venue: LNEC, Av. do Brasil 101, 1700-066 LISBON (PT)
GlazeArt2018 will dwell on scientific research on tin-glazed ceramics and is a networking activity of H2020 Project IPERION CH and an outcome of the Portuguese-funded FCT-AzuRe Project.
The conference will aim to discuss azulejos, other architectural glazed ceramics of historic interest and also maiolica and heritage faïence in general: their history, technology, characteristics, decay, conservation, artists, museology, as well as related issues.
Main themes to be addressed are:
- Aspects in Art and Art History;
- Historical context of the workshops and factories and their evolving technology, as well as of the origin, production and routes of raw materials;
- Studies in the characterization of glazed ceramics and their materials;
- Decay of integrated glazed ceramics, its causes and remedies;
- Conservation and restoration methods and materials;
- Intervention cases and lessons learnt therefrom;
- Socio-cultural context and other intangible aspects;
- Museology and display;
- New production technologies;
- Other research results and research needs in the field.
Call for papers are now open.
For further information, please visit the http://glazeart2018.lnec.pt/
Download here the Flyer