Focus on the degradation, preservation and conservation of cultural and natural heritage
The Royal Danish Academy – Architecture, Design, Conservation invites applications for a permanent, full-time associate professorship in microbiology with a special focus on the interaction between microbiological processes and cultural and natural heritage degradation. The Institute for Conservation wishes to incorporate microbiology as a new field of research and education in its conservation programme.
The associate professorship is affiliated with the Institute for Conservation, and it is hoped that the position will be filled by 1 February 2023 or as soon as possible thereafter.
Applicants are expected to use the latest methods for classifying and understanding the complex interactions of microorganisms within both natural and cultural heritage, including an understanding of how microorganisms thrive in micro and macro environments in museum contexts, both in and out of doors.
Duties will include:
- Teaching, lesson planning and associated administration related to the Royal Danish Academy’s teaching and conservation programmes
- Student guidance, examination and external examining work, as well as academic assessment work
- Research, including publishing and scientific dissemination within the focus area in collaboration with external institutions, companies and networks nationally and internationally, as well as with the other research and development fields at the institute and the Royal Danish Academy
- Developing the microbiological field in the context of conservation, the institute’s laboratory facilities, equipment, and technological methods
- Providing visionary and productive teamwork in the planning of future research and development projects, including applications for external funding and fundraising
- Participating in several Royal Danish Academy committees
- Engaging with researchers, lecturers and lab teams in maintaining the laboratory and its security.
For further information and how to apply, please, visit https://candidate.hr-manager.net/ApplicationInit.aspx?cid=5001&ProjectId=159971&DepartmentId=7810&MediaId=5
The deadline for application is October 16, 2022